Musings on faith and life from an Alaska Lutheran pastor.

Monday, August 20, 2007

Pula from Heaven

One of our Central parishioners (Sami Oeser) is serving in the Peace Corps in Botswana in HIV/AIDS education.

Just received an email from her discussing scarcity of water in Botswana. In the native language Setswana, the word "pula" means "currency" and "rain." It is also a general term for blessings.

This is interesting to me...money and rain are the same word. It's been crazy-raining here in AK the last few days and cramping my hiking style. What if I saw these raindrops as precious as money?

1 comment:

SHMT said...

I suppose it's all a matter of perspective, but since MT is crazy-dry right now, I would say those raindrops ARE as precious as money. If you're having too much, though, maybe you could bring some with you next week when you visit!