Musings on faith and life from an Alaska Lutheran pastor.

Thursday, March 01, 2012

Getting things done, or not

Today is March 1, which means I'm two months into the sabbatical and one month to go. I have deeply appreciated this break and time of rest and play. I've loved it so much and I feel sad when I think about its end. I'm anxious that I haven't gotten as much done around the house as I'd hoped. I did get some shoes fixed and bought a new desk lamp, but I still have a mountain of photos from the early 2000s to go through and we still don't have a wedding album. Ugh.

I was worrying aloud about this to Erik yesterday, wondering how much I can do in the next month, especially since we have a 5-day ski trip coming up and I'll be in Iowa for 7 days after that. It doesn't leave much time for domestic tasks.

My husband gently but firmly said something like this: "Maybe you should think about how to arrange your regular life so you have time to do things and not wait for every seven years just to get projects done."

Ouch. He nailed it, even if I don't always like to hear the truth about myself.

2 comments:

Steph B. said...

That's my problem, too... just rearranging "regular" life to get all the little things done :) Looking forward to seeing you in Iowa!

Steph B. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.