Musings on faith and life from an Alaska Lutheran pastor.

Thursday, September 06, 2007

The Latest

Well, since you all were just DYING to know what's new at Central and with me :) here are some updates.

Aug. 25: Fishing with Pastors Eric and Bill Ottum on the Russian for silvers. With a fly rod! I mostly caught dead reds or nothing at all.

Aug 26: Pr Eric's last Sunday. He preached and puppet Mortimer the Moose said goodbye. I brought out sister Millie the Moose, complete with new makeover. We had dueling moose. Said goodbye to Eric.

Aug. 26-31: Vacation in Montana. Yes, pastors take vacation. This is a good thing. I spent time with seminary friend Debbie, who serves a congregation in Kalispell. We shared our good times and not-so-good times doing this pastor thing. I felt renewed to come back and jump into fall programming.

Sept. 1: Spent all day writing my sermon for Sunday. Garrison Keillor is my sermon-writing pal. Was nervous that I'd somehow preach the world's lamest sermon on Pr Glenn Petersen's first Sunday.

Sept 2: Pr Glenn's first Sunday. He sings well! And I've rarely seen so much egg casserole and coffeecake in the same place. Hooray for Central's bakers and chefs :)

Sept 3: State Fair with Lutheran ladies my age. Cotton candy and endless displays.

Sept 4: Spent all day answering 1001 questions from Pastor Glenn about Central. He asks GREAT questions! A good sign, I think.

Sept. 5: One more vacation day...a Wartburg college friend (Jess the doctor from Indianapolis) is visiting this week. Went on a cruise in Whittier -- I heart the calving glaciers :)

Sept. 6: Back to work!

Wow, are you still reading this ?!??!?! :)

Lots of exciting things happening at Central for the fall....that's the next entry :)

3 comments:

Pastor Andy Arnold said...

So...now I get to ponder all the things you told Debbie about me.

Almost got my pit of an office cleaned and boxed so I can go to Kalispell myself.

Peace,
AA

pb said...

It sounds like lots of good times. I'll have to tell you about my Kalispell experiences some other time... Has Whitier cleaned up any since I was last there? Did I ever tell you about spending a night there?... Off to clean up flooding tomorrow... Shoot me an e-mail when you get a chance.

blessings!!!

SHMT said...

Selfish moment as I say, "hey, what about hanging out with me??" Anyhoo, thanks for the update--I would have loved to have seen the dueling moose!