Musings on faith and life from an Alaska Lutheran pastor.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Seven young people were confirmed at Central on May 20. Each read a portion of their faith statement.

Just when I was getting discouraged, here are some excerpts.

"Jesus to me is my best friend and guardian. I can talk to Him whenever and share with him things I feel I can't share with others." (Marianne, age 14)

"Prayer is very important because I can help other people without them knowing." (Nathan, age 14)

"I still struggle to believe everything I hear. Going to church helps me remember that God is there for me and will help me believe." (Hannah, age 14)

"I do believe that I am on this earth for a reason. I don't know the reason yet, but I plan on taking the challenges and living a rich life trying to find a purpose here on this earth." (Jack, age 14)

Yea, I'm proud of these kids. More than they know.

No comments: