Musings on faith and life from an Alaska Lutheran pastor.

Saturday, February 04, 2012

It's like Alaska, with sheep

Some yoga friends went to New Zealand recently and the south island is like Alaska, with sheep. We'll see. We leave early Saturday (Feb. 4) for New Zealand. I'm only bringing the ipod for internet access and we'll be in a tent or a trail most of the time. So, I'll post when I can.

One small (but not really) note: I was thinking the other day of all the people who have told me that they are praying for me on sabbatical. And you know what? I can feel it. I can feel the prayers and love and support. It's an energy, a presence, a sense of the goodness of God shared across the space.

Over the years as a pastor, people have told me they can feel the prayers from our congregation. Usually it was during a time of grief, illness or loss. I always thought it was nice but I never experienced it myself.

So, I can feel your prayers. And I notice I feel connected in a new way to all of you who have told me you feel the prayers of your brothers and sisters in Christ. Amen!

No comments: